Odisha State Pollution Control Board
About the Client
Our Client is Odisha State Pollution Control Board
Web Application Penetration Testing.
Odisha State Pollution Control Board uses a software – web-based application. This measures the emitting level of pollution from the factories. Govt cancels the license of the factories with a high level of emission by the industrial norms. The real-time data reach the server by the devices that are installed in the industry and Govt can check the data from the software. Our information security professional (Penetration Tester ISO 27001) was asked to undergo a thorough manual and tool-based vulnerability assessment of the application.
The Indian Cyber Security Solutions was ready to perform web-based penetration testing of the software. Non-Disclosure-Agreement (NDA) was processed between both the parties. As per the work agreement, Indian Cyber Security Solutions was ready to take the challenge and complete the work within 14 working days.
The security assessment which was processed are as follows:
1)The Entire website was scanned to test the vulnerability along with the Manual testing in the first phase. It was performed within 3 days.
2)During the VAPT some critical level of vulnerabilities were identified such as ‘SQL injection’, ‘cross-site scripting’ etc. by using various penetration testing tools.
3)The Developers of the company were informed to patch that vulnerability.
4)Retesting has been done for the software and further, no vulnerability was found.
Indian Cyber Security Solutions technical team was ready with the final report along with the security certificate which they handed over the client within the deadline.
The customized reports were provided to the Client as per their requirements the details are mentioned below:
- Executive Presentation: Overview of the entire application, the vulnerabilities found and the recommendations were made to mitigate the threats identified on the software.
- Detailed Technical Report: Detailed Technical Report has been generated on the basis of Proof-of-Concept, detailed exploitation of all the identified vulnerabilities.
- Excel Tracker: Vulnerability tracker aimed at helping the IT assets owner keep track of the vulnerabilities, remediation status, action items, etc.
The benefits are discussed below by conducting thorough security tests and identifying the vulnerabilities:
- Risk Benefits: Risk management of the issue by finding the vulnerabilities and recommended solutions with proven methods to enhance security.
- Cost Savings: Indian Cyber Security Solutions suggested Risk mitigation measures are cost-effective based on the client’s requirements.
- Client Satisfaction: Web-Application Security Assessment was conducted with minimum interruption to identify security vulnerabilities, impacts, and potential risks.
“We are Very much satisfied with the service provided by the Indian Cyber Security Solutions team. They are a very dedicated team. We had a great experience with them. Meeting up the deadline is a rare talent that they have successfully achieved. We are looking forward to working more in the future with them “
– Sabyasachi Satpathy