Thinkubator FZ LLC
About the Client
Thinkubator FZ LLC exists to train, educate, and connect Bronx youth to work-based learning experiences, employment, and educational opportunities. Youth are connected to businesses, nonprofits, elected officials, and government to partake in our US democracy and impact change. We seek to prepare diverse, low-income youth from the Bronx to succeed in the workplace and the world.
Web Application Penetration Testing
Thinkubator FZ LLC facing a Web-based application security challenge. They had to undergo Web Application Penetration Testing to secure their website. Our Web Application Penetration Tester was asked to take up the challenge and secure the website by undergoing Web Application penetration testing.
Indian Cyber Security Solutions was ready to perform the Web-based application penetration testing on their website. ISO 27001 lead auditor and Web Application Penetration tester were assigned to take up this challenge. The project was to be done in 3 stages and to be delivered within the stipulated time frame.
The security assessment steps are as follows:
The scope of work was defined by the client (Thinkubator FZ LLC). The layout of the web application was share with Indian Cyber Security Solutions. NDA documents (Non-Disclosure-Agreement) signed between both parties.
Stage 2: Risk Management & Mitigation
The 2nd Stage of risk management and mitigation has started, evaluating the key assets involved in the web application. Few critical and medium levels vulnerabilities were found.
The 3rd stage is the most important stage of the project as the client was suggested the rectification from Indian Cyber Security Solutions and the client had to patch up vulnerabilities as per the suggestion. Thinkubator FZ LLC web Developers were able to find out solutions as per the suggestion mentioned by the Indian Cyber Security Solutions team.
Stage 4: Final Assessment and VAPT submission
At the end of the working day, Thinkubator FZ LLC had already patched the Critical level of vulnerabilities found by the Indian Cyber Security Solutions team. The final stage of vulnerabilities assessment had begun as the Indian Cyber Security Solutions team members had started retesting the web application as mentioned in the scope of work to find out all the critical level vulnerabilities which were found previously and were patched and no high or medium-level vulnerabilities prevail. Indian Cyber Security Solutions team was able to generate the VAPT report and handed over the document to the client along with the certificate. Indian Cyber Security Solutions team had again achieved and completed the assigned task within the stipulated time. Indian Cyber Security Solutions team had again shown high-quality professionalism by meeting up deadlines and living up to customer’s expectations.
The customized reports were provided to the Client as per their requirements the details are mentioned below:
- Executive Presentation: Overview of the entire application, the vulnerabilities found, and recommendations were made to mitigate the threats identified on the software.
- Detailed Technical Report: Detailed Technical Report has been generated on the basis of Proof-of-Concept of all the identified vulnerabilities.
- Excel Tracker: Vulnerability tracker aimed at helping the IT assets owner keep track of the vulnerabilities, remediation status, action items, etc.
The benefits are discussed below by conducting thorough security tests and identifying the vulnerabilities:
- Risk Benefits: Risk management of the issue by finding the vulnerabilities and recommended solutions with proven methods to enhance security.
- Cost Savings: Indian Cyber Security Solutions suggested Risk mitigation measures are cost-effective based on the client’s requirements.
- Client Satisfaction: Web penetration testing was conducted with minimum interruption to identify security vulnerabilities, impacts, and potential risks.