A load balancer is a device that distributes network or application traffic across a cluster of servers. Load balancing improves responsiveness and increases availability of applications.
A load balancer sits between the client and the server farm accepting incoming network and application traffic and distributing the traffic across multiple backend servers using various methods. By balancing application requests across multiple servers, a load balancer reduces individual server load and prevents any one application server from becoming a single point of failure, thus improving overall application availability and responsiveness.
Load balancing is the most straightforward method of scaling out an application server infrastructure. As application demand increases, new servers can be easily added to the resource pool, and the load balancer will immediately begin sending traffic to the new server.
Load Balancer-Reverse Proxy Reconnaissance on Target Domain
Reconnaissance work on target domain to find out target domain has load balancer so that penetration testing does not misdirect your probs or attacks.So Its recommended to check the domain has Load balancers, Intrusion Prevention system ,Reverse Proxies ,Firewalls or content switches all these things will cause false results on security scans. Proxies also used for access the torrents site such as ExtraTorrent Proxy.
- It acts as a reverse proxy which distributes application or network traffic across a number of servers.
- It ensure reliability and availability by monitoring the health of the application and sending request server or application that can respond in timely manner.
- Load balancers are found in network and transport layer (IP, TCP, FTP,UDP) and application layer (HTTP)
Standard Industry algorithm:
- Round-robin load balancing is one of the simplest methods for distributing client requests across a group of servers. Going down the list of servers in the group, the round-robin load balancer forwards a client request to each server in turn.
- Does not always result in the accurate or efficient distribution of traffic, because many round-robin load balancers assume that all servers are the same: currently up, currently handling the same load, and with the same storage and computing capacity.
- Weighted round robin – A weight is assigned to each server based on criteria chosen by the site administrator, most commonly used criterion is the server’s traffic-handling capacity.
- Random Connections: load balancer receives a large number of requests, a Random algorithm will be able to distribute the requests evenly to the nodes.
Load Balancer Check:
- Above figure illustrator that we have successfully found the Loadbalancer on target domain.
- Type lbd followed by target domain name.Ex: lbd tamilrockers.pl
- We have found HTTP load balancer & DNS load balancer for tamilrockers.pl domain.
Highest Selling Technical Courses of Indian Cyber Security Solutions:
Cybersecurity services that can protect your company:
Other Location for Online Courses: